Sunday, February 27, 2011

"But so we are gathered here, each and every perfect warm-but-not-too-warm day, each day lathered in sun and possibility, probability, and while everyone drinks their lattes and eats their burritos, pretending not to be checking each other out, there is a feeling that we are, at least at this point in time, with our friends, on this lush grass, at the very red molten-hot core of everything"

Sunday was the absolute prettiest day that New York has seen in quite a while. The weather was in the low 60s, the sun was out, and everyone was in an excellent mood. Having already promised Kenny I would help with "post surgery rotation he can catch up on life for a weekend" tasks later in the day, I figured I should get out early and appreciate the weather before spending the afternoon in a dorm basement laundry room. And by early I mean noon and by out I mean ignoring my own catching up on life things and going to the coffee shop two doors down from my apartment with Nina. I got an Orangina, she got a Chai tea, we admired Biggie...it was lovely. 


No comments:

Post a Comment