Sunday, February 20, 2011

With you I'd dance in a storm in my best dress, fearless

Back last October when the boyfriend told me he had a spring formal for med school I didn't even think twice about finding a dress. I have a pretty serious addiction to spring/summer dresses and have some in my closet that have been waiting quite a while to be worn. However, two weeks ago I found out that spring formal actually means February formal, meaning that now IT'S THE SUNDAY BEFORE AND I STILL DON'T HAVE A DRESS. I ran all over Manhattan today and didn't find anything. I'm very, very concerned. Luckily I have Tuesday off and I'm planning on taking a break from department stores to scour some Brooklyn boutiques. Stuart & Wright and Thistle & Clover seem promising. Despite needing to get away from Manhattan shopping for a bit, I do love how unique even the huge name brand stores are here. In Atlanta Ralph Lauren is elegant and well-decorated I suppose, but it's right in the middle of not very charming Lenox...nothing like the pictured above mansion it inhabits here on Madison. Plus, having my go-to store be the flagship Bloomingdales and actually going to Fifth Avenue for Saks is pretty darn nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment