Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Get dressed, jump out of bed. You do it best

I've been so so horrible at this for the past month, but I PROMISE that I will try my very best to be better. Lately I've just been so caught up with everything (i.e. SPRING IS FINALLY HERE!) that I haven't been taking many pictures. So many fun events are coming up in the next few months though and it's time to get back into the swing of things. Here are a few highlights of what's been going on:

$4 champagne in a stolen Delirium glass 

Birthday banana bread for Nina

Penelope. Aly's second roommate

Obama chaos outside the French consulate

Aladdin sing-along party at The Bell House

Aladdin sing-along costumes: Purple Peacock #53 and Jafar in snake form

And I made these cookies from one of my favorite food blogs for Sue Sue's birthday. They sort of kind of tasted like lemon Girl Scout cookies, but softer. Or a lemon bar in cookie form. Either way very lemony and not the best thing I've ever made, but still pretty good:


 Cool Whip Cookies:
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 eggs
1 (18.25 ounce) lemon cake mix
1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease baking sheets.
2. Beat together the whipped topping and eggs. Add the lemon cake mix and continue to mix. Dough will be sticky. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Drop by teaspoonfuls into a bowl of confectioners' sugar and roll to coat. Place cookies on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 11 minutes. Cool on racks.

And last, but not least I've been reading Random Family by Adrian Nicole LeBlanc, recommended by my BFF Nick Hornby. I 100% also recommend it. 







No comments:

Post a Comment